Friday, March 11, 2011

I will praise Him

I lay down to nap this afternoon and my mind was full of memories. Rich, warm memories of playing at the beach at San Pedro. Us kids laughing, playing in the sand, burying each other, and my mom, dad, and grandad's laughter and smiles. Such good memories.

They come at a wonderful time. As my dad continues to decline, and his death is eminent, it's good to recall some of the wonderful memories. Today has been full of struggles, and it is hard to watch my dad suffer so. But a verse in Psalms came to mind, reminding me that no matter what happens, I know God is good. "I have seen you in the sanctuary, beheld your power and your glory, because your love is better than life I live to glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in Your name I will lift up my hands." I can't recall the reference...but I know the SEEDS song. Glad it plays over and over again in my mind to remind me of truth during hard times. I HAVE seen God in so many ways and so many times over the course of my life. I have known his power and glory. And no matter what comes my way, I will praise Him.

Thank you for your continued prayer support during this time.

Michelle

7 comments:

None said...

We love you guys! We pray for your family. Praise the Lord! ~ The Pipers

Unknown said...

God is good! I'm still praying. You're a strong woman of God. I look up to your dad so much.

kaye gilfoy said...

The first yammy lesson Tom taught that turned my World, was Job and his refusal to curse God and to praise God at all times. Pastor Marc if nothing else but Pauline doctrine and learning to praise God in all circumstances, was our life lesson and sending all the above to our web of influence. I praise God for Pastor Marc making all our family ministers of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Praying for Grace and Mercy today for you, JP n' Melissa, spouses and grand kids and double portion for Carol and Marc.

kaye gilfoy said...

Praying for grace and mercy for all kids and spouses, along with Grand's.
Praying for double portion for Carol and Marc. Love you guys!

kathyrowland said...

Oh Michelle and Carol and Missy and JP and Marc, we are holding all of you up as you walk thru this hard, hard time. We love you and have great memories too of two sets of little kids swinging on swingsets and laughing with Legos! Hang on tight. Rick and Kathy and Kyle and Kelly and Kasey

Mare said...

We love your family so and praise God for your strength and God-honoring attitude. To know of Marc's suffering pains us all yet he has showed us all God's peace that passes all understanding and that it is possible to praise God in the depths of our trials. What you wrote is so beautiful Michelle.

Unknown said...

I lift your family up and Pastor Marc to the Lord is this time. My thoughts are with you in this time.

Your farther has meant so much to me and my family and with the tough times and good times in the years that we have been knowing him.

We love and am thinking of your family.
Love Barbara Williams